- Download and print out our easy to use graph paper to help with questions and layout, and provide needed information.
- Draw a quick layout of the new countertops (example of finished drawing).
- Measure length and width to the nearest 1/2″. Make sure to include overhangs.
- Indicate on the layout wall locations, and which walls require a backsplash.
- Decide on style of backslash, Standard or Custom.
- Indicate location of sink(s) and cook top(s) (Actual sink placement will be confirmed at field measure).
- Indicate Any special features you would like ( radius corners, large overhang, etc.)
- Mail or fax your plan / drawing for a prompt response.
Selecting the type of stone and the stone color for your new countertops is one of the most rewarding steps of the process. At this point it is a good idea to narrow the colors down to about 2 or 3 so we can prepare an accurate estimate. Websites are fine for preliminary selection. You may select specific slab(s) from our yard or at one of our broker’s warehouses.
The edge detail represents the finished edge which faces outward and is highly visible. At Granite Designs we have many different edge profiles to choose from. We take pride in our care and craftsmanship that goes into each and every edge detail we produce.
Download Edge Profiles – Click Here
Backsplash (whether you choose tile, standard height granite or a custom granite backsplash), is the best way to provide a beautiful protective surface where the countertop meets the back wall. A stone backsplash will prevent spills, steam, food splatters, and grease from damaging primary wall surfaces.
Contact us with any questions.
When it comes to selecting sinks, costumers have many choices to choose from: Undermount, Drop in, Farm sink, or Vessel sink .